Prepaid metering is our newest billing option and has several benefits compared to regular monthly billing which include:
- Budget Control - With prepaid metering, you pay for electricity before you use it which allows you to control your budget by paying the amount you want, when you want.
- Lower Deposit - Deposits for prepaid metering are $100 per meter compared to the normal deposit of up to 1/6 of the estimated annual bill.
- Less Fees - In addition to lower deposit amounts, there are no late fees as you pay in advance. There are also no reconnect fees. If your credit runs out and you are automatically disconnected, the power automatically comes back on as soon as a payment is posted, no reconnect fee required.
- Discover Problems Early - Prepay accounts discover electrical problems much sooner than regular billed accounts. For instance if something were to go wrong with your electric heat and air unit that caused your electric usage to go up, with prepay metering you would discover the problem within days as it would use up your credit and you would received email alerts of needing to make a payment. With regular billing, unless you watch your usage daily on MyMeter, you would not know there was a problem until you received a much higher than normal monthly bill.
- Lower usage - Statistics indicate prepaid electricity programs help lower electric consumption due to member's awareness of usage patterns.
The minimum amount acceptable to start prepaid service is $250, of which $100 will be held as a security deposit. Existing Harmon Electric members changing to prepaid metering will have their deposit used to pay any past due balance with the remainder being applied to the prepaid account balance. When your account runs low, you will get an alert by email letting you know it is time to recharge your account. If you have no email address, you may contact Harmon Electric's office during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to check your remaining balance.
If funds in your account run out, your electric service will be automatically disconnected. To have your electric service restored, simply purchase more power by bringing payment to the Harmon Electric office or to one of our convenient payment collection locations listed below. Automatic reconnection of electric service will be limited to our regular business hours. Reconnection takes only minutes once payment is received
Questions about PREPAY? Call Harmon Electric at 580-688-3342.
- Harmon Electric Association - Hollis
- Stockmans Bank - Hollis, Mangum, Eldorado
- First National Bank - Mangum
- Great Plains Bank - Granite, Mangum
- Security National Bank - Quanah